Hard starting yj

Hi all,

My YJ will not start in very cold weather, below 30f. I can start it above

30, with a long cranking session, almost killing the battery. Above 50f, everything is fine.

I had the fuel rail replaced in September.

Any ideas??

Reply to
Dave Lee

Time for a tune up?

Bad plugs can cause that, so can a dirty distributor cap and rotor and so can a dead set of wires.

The plugs, cap and rotor can be visually inspected and one way to check the wires is to open the hood at night with it running and spray a mist of water on the plug wires. If you get a fireworks display, time for new wires too.

Mike

Dave Lee wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain