Hardtop Airvent

My wife decided to be a champ and take my Jeep to the car wash. Very nice gesture I thought, until she returned and I discovered that the "Brushless" CarWash ripped one of the Black Plastic Air Vent things off the Factory Hard Top. It looks like they just kind of slide in. Does anyone know if it s possible to get replacements and if so where I might look? Its a 1999 Sport with the Factory HardTop.

Thanks

Reply to
Kevtrane

Have the carwash owner get a replacement from the dealership.

Reply to
billy ray

If you read the "fine print" at the wash, they all claim no responsibility for that stuff. My step dad had an Olds Aurora that the brushless ones started pulling the rear window trim out of, the wash owner was there that day and said as much.

You might get one out of him, but it'd be an uphill battle, and probably not worth the $20 part from the stealership.

Reply to
Josh

The carwash definitely had signs all over claiming they weren't responsible for anything, including cleaning your car. Kind of like the parking garages that claim not to be responsible for anything that gets broke or stolen from your car. Technically I believe these claims are false, a company can't remove their responsibility by posting signs. They post those signs because 99% of the people assume they must be true. That being said, I would not invest the time/ trouble in trying to get anything out of them.

I'll check with the dealership, I don't know why I don't think of these things on my own.

Thanks for the heads up!

Reply to
Kevtrane

Reply to