Help! 4x4 Trouble-89 Cherokee (XJ)

Hi all

I just bought an '89 Cherokee 4.0L with the Selectrac 4x4 with both Part-Time and Full-Time 4X4. The vehicle just had the transfer case rebuilt as well as the hubs replaced. Everything seems to be working okay with the 4 wheel drive, however at times the Part-Time light either flickers on and off while driving in 2WD, or it comes on and stays on. If I shift it into Part-Time 4WD the light stays on and the transfer case appears to be in 4WD no problem, and when I use Full-time 4WD it also works fine and the Part-Time light does not come on. However, it continues to flicker or come on intermittently in 2WD. Any ideas?

Reply to
Jeffery P.

Matt Macchiarolo

The switch in the transfer case may not have been reinstalled correctly upon reassembly.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

A loose vacuum line maybe? I 'think' the vacuum switch for the light is up on the firewall with one single vacuum line going to it.

Mike

"Jeffery P." wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

selec trac = no vacuum stuff. its just the electric switch on the t case. KH

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego