Weird vibration

Does the drive shaft (front) rotate while in 2H, on a 95 YJ. I have vibration in the steering wheel and shifter at highway speeds. When I let off the acelerator, it stops. Thanks in advance.

Greg

Reply to
jerryg

L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

Reply to
jerryg

An obious bend or large dent in the driveshaft, slop in the U-joints.

Carl

Reply to
Carl

Does the YJ have the axle disconnect like the older Cherokee? If so, you can rule out the front drivetrain unless the disconnect isn't disconnecting. You can check that by jacking up a tire and spinning it to see if the driveshaft turns.

I had a high speed vibration that was hard to find on my 4.0. It turned out to be a bad clutch on the rad fan. You can check it for slop with a cold off engine or even with a hot off engine.

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail > Does the drive shaft (front) rotate while in 2H, on a 95 YJ. I have
Reply to
Mike Romain

This vehicle does have the axle disconnect in stock configuration

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Reply to
L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

You have a '94 and '95 don't you?

Reply to
billy ray

You read that wrong Bill.

He said the YJ kept the disconnect.

Mike

L.W. (Bill) Hughes III wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Reply to
L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

Hi Bill, Nope, I remember that was the reason I put the pinch on you, but it wasn't a part of the stuff you gave me:

If you do have one please upload it to:ftp://mikeromain: snipped-for-privacy@www.billhughes.com/for:
Host Name: billhughes.com Host Type: Automatic detect User ID: mikeromain Password: 4Romain Account: Remote Host: html/romain/

Thanks. God Bless America, Bill 0|||||||0 mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Reply to
L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

You're not dyslexic.