help: Transfer Case Dropped / now I can't shift to 4HI

Hi all,

I just installed a rubicon express 3.5" lift, which included a 1 Trasfer Case Drop. I had posted a while back asking if anyone knew good 4x4 shop do it for me, but it looked like everyone suggested I d it myself - so I did. Came out pretty nice, was easier than I thought - with just a couple o snags along the way.

Anyway - Here's my current problem. I can't seem to use the 4x4 shifter to shift into 4HI. I can barely get it to where the 4x4 light goes on, and it falls ou after driving a short distance.

Is this normal after dropping the transfer case? Is there something can do to remedy this, aside from removing the transfer case drop an bringing it to the stock height.

I know I could do that with a slip yoke eliminator, and longer driv shaft - but I was thinking something cheaper... I don't really suffe from vibes so don't really want to go that route just for this.

It's a '03 TJ 6 cyl.

Thanks in advance for any help

-- Mik

Mike

NY / Long Island '03 Wrangler X - Freedom Editio

Mike

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

It's no biggie to adjust the linkage. Take a peek under the Jeep, look at the linkage and you should be able to figure it out.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III