How do I find this part? 93JGC

OK, I...er a friend of mine, lost the injector retaining clips which hold the injector to the fuel rail and the fuel line retaining clips which hold the supply and return fuel lines to the fuel rail. Its a 93 JGC I-6. Went to the dealer and they can order the injector clips, but suggested that the other clips would be more difficult and I would probably have to buy the whole fuel line assemblies. LIAR!

My dil...er my friend's dilemma is mainly the fuel line clips. Once the fuel rail is bolted down, I don't see how the injector clips make any difference. Besides the dealer has those. But without the fuel line clips those puppies will shoot off and there would be gasoline everywhere. I could rig it with a fair amount of certainty that it would work without problem, but I don't like that. BTW in replacing the fuel filter it was discovered that the two clips on that are the same size as the two needed for the fuel rail. I'd bet that they are also the clips for the fuel pump, but I don't feel like dropping the fuel tank to check.

Does any one know what part that is and where I could get it? I think the dealer is fibbin since it's highly probable that these clips break all the time when the fuel filter or fuel pump or injectors are replaced. We all know at least two of those go bad on this vehicle quite a bit. What do they do when a tech breaks one...replace the whole fuel line assembly? I doubt it. Any ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated. No preaching, the parts were placed in a plastic bag just like the other parts that were taken off. How these came up missing???? The world may never know.

Reply to
Gene Saldivar

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Gene Saldivar did pass the time by typing:

I assume your talking about these. (mine are moved around a bit to accomodate a larger pressure regulator)

The smaller replacement clip that holds the return line on is Mopar 1-83502745 That's two o rings, a spacer, and a plastic retainer clip. I don't know a source for the supply line clip but it is available. $13.33 is the chryslerpartsdirect.com price

The fuel line quick-disconnects are the same as the ones used on the fuel filter. NAPA might have the parts.

According to the service book the quick disconnect guts and clip are supposed to be replaced each time so I doubt they are only attached to new fuel lines.

I would replace the injector clips, there is enough room for them to move out and you don't want a leak there either.

Reply to
DougW