How Tall?

Just wondering what the height measure on tires is intended to mean. My

31*10.5 BFG TA's, with 30 PSI, on a 3,500 lb TJ, with about 2/3 tread left, measure 29 5/8 tall. Is the measured height usually that much less than the "spec" height?

CD

Reply to
CD

The overall diameter of that particular size tire should be 30.7" when new. See all the BFG AT specs here:

Tom

Reply to
mabar

Reply to
RoyJ

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

My BFG's measure pretty close to spec for 'height'. However height is measured with no vehicle sitting on the tire making that flat spot.... Or I can measure it side to side with the vehicle sitting on it and get the 'length' of the tire which is closer to spec.

Mike

Mike Romain

Talk to any woman about this. Males usually add an inch or two to any length measurement. Some quote a lot more. ;^)

Earle

***
Reply to
Earle Horton