how to disassemble cherokee doors?

I'm looking to take care of some things in my doors, like ease sticky locks & replace window seals on my 96 XJ. I don't have a FSM yet, so can anybody help me out with detailed directions on taking apart the doors? TIA

Brian

I can help on removing the door panles. First there's two screws in the arm rest. Remove them. Then there's 3 screws in the chrome/plastic part around the door lock, remove them. Now it gets fun. Pull out on the bottom of the door panel and the plastic clips will pop out. They go along the sides and bottom. Now you must slide the captive top part rearward so it will clear the rear view mirror knob plate. Two inches maybe. Then lift it up and off the grove on the top. Now your left with the door knob holding you up. Two ways to go here. One is to pop off the plastic clips holding the two rods. Second is to gently work it through the hole in the door panel. It can be done just take your time and be carefull not to crack it.

JoBo

Reply to
Jo Bo

Jo Bo did pass the time by typing:

Just a little note.. When you work around plastic body parts, use gloves. Those edges can be razor sharp. I've cut myself several times taking door panels and pillar covers off.

Reply to
DougW