Jeep Grand Cherokee 2001

I have AZC or automatic zone control dually. But in manual mode I set temp at 74 degrees and after 20 minutes or so of driving, the output of air gets cooler and cooler to the point that I must increase temp in read-out, most on passenger side. Jeep manufacturer is giving me a song and dance routine that such is the way it works, and so is the dealer where I purchased the vehicle and others to where I have had the vehicle diagnosed. Now I get the news that some flyer from Jeep/chrysler from May of 2001 states what I have been hearing from these dealers and so on. I think that manual is manual, the air temp must remain constant no matter what. What say you regarding this problem. Other owners with whom I have talked tell me that they never had such a problem and that manual for them stays at the same temp constantly. Thank you in advance for any feedback. I will contact consumer agency and better business bureaus until I get satisfaction. Manual is manual setting, not what the so called system dually interprets it to be, IMHO.

Thank you. M.

Reply to
MARKUS

..erm.. please post in plain text, not HTML.

That's not "the way it works."

Odds are the thermostat that measures inside temp has failed or the hose the feeds it has come undone (sucks air past it and back into the system) used to be on the dash, just to the right of the A/C control. Look for some small slots in the dash. If yours is a split system there are probably two sensors. One failing to hot could cause this symptom. (at least it does in buildings that have multiple climate areas) I'm not familiar with your system but they all work about the same way.

Reply to
DougW