How to remove wire guard in 2002 Jeep Wrangler ?

I am putting new front speakers in Mod Pod enclosures, to be mounted on the floor, adjacent to the bottom portion of the door frame. On the driver's side, near the bottom edge of the door, there is a plastic wire guard assembly, which runs from almost underneath the dash, to the point near the back of the driver's seat. This wire guard protects the bundle of wires that go to the rear of the Jeep for various things like taillights, etc. The Mod Pod enclosure will not fit on the left side, without moving this wire guard, and trimming it for a proper fit. Along the back-end edge alongside the driver's seat, there are several phillips screws which of course are no problem to remove. However, at the front of this wire guard assembly, nearly underneath the dash, there is a hole , with a screw mounted in the center. No nut to loosen, just a screw, and I see no way to detach this end of the wire guard from the vehicle.

Do any of you know what I am talking about, and how I can remove this wire guard ?? HELP, I am STUCK, and I can't GET MY MOD POD INSTALLED !!!

Thanks for any tips !! Remember, 2002 Jeep Wrangler.

James

Reply to
James

Got me. :/

Magnetic screwdriver?

Reply to
DougW

Hmmm magnetic screwdriver ?? There is no screw head, or screw slot to place a screwdriver in.... just a machine screw (the screw itself) placed within an indented hole...

I thought if someone had a 2002 Wrangler they could look at this and tell me if they have ever seen anything like it, and how you get it "undone" so this simple piece of plastic could come off. I could rip it off permanently, but it would probably bust up, and I could not replace it.

I just don't know why they make this like this !!

james

Reply to
James

Any nut tucked down around it or one of those press-fit clips?

so this simple piece of plastic could come off. I

Tried the dealership? Take a look at the parts book or the maintenance instructions if there would be some indication of where the screws are and what connectors are used.

Reply to
DougW