hung-up rebuilding a t4

surely someone has rebuilt a t4/t5 and knows what i'm missing. (crossing my fingers) i have everything out except the countershaft. there is a (flat) roller bearing front and rear of the case holding the countershaft in place. the front bearing is closed but the rear bearing is open, leaving the end of the countershaft to ride on needle bearings in the extension housing. these bearings are pressed in place and from the diagrams i have found, the countershaft looks to be one piece. from what i've found on the net and my chilton manual the procedure is to "remove the rear countershaft bearing with the proper puller", then pull the shaft out and press out the front bearing. i've tried a hammer and punch, prying with a seal puller, and tried many bearing pullers but can't catch a hold of the outer lip of the bearing race. if bearing pullers catch the inside of the bearing how do i pull this bearing with the bearing pressed around the countershaft? what the hell am i missing? lost and confused any info would be greatly appreciated!!

Reply to
jpurl77

God Bless America, Bill 0|||||||0mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

"push the rear bearing with the countershaft" bingo! well i didn't have a prybar handy but since i was replacing the bearings anyways my hammer did the job. thank you for my sanity!! i knew it had to be something simple!! man bill you have all the links to everything!! i bet your favorites has got to be at least a gig! thanks again for the info!!

Reply to
jpurl77