TJ Unlimited AC question

Hello All! Long time no post.

I have a 2004 Unlimited and it's doing a strange thing when running the air conditioning. No matter if I have the directional knob on recirculation or dash; I get air blowing on my feet. When I select Bi- level the velocity of the air (on my feet) increases.

What's even stranger...my buddys TJ does the same thing. Anyone else noticed this?

Daren McMorris

Reply to
dmcmorris

I would expect a broken vac line or return spring on the vac motor that runs the doors. There are several motors that work as a team. Don't have a 2004 diagram and I doubt the 93ZJ will be close.

Reply to
DougW

My thoughts exactly, until another TJ did the exact same thing. Anyone out there have a TJ they can test? Set the AC to anything execpt bi-level, turn it on high and feel down next to your feet.

Regards to all.

Reply to
dmcmorris

I have a 05 TJ that had similar issues.

If you look under the forward console where it blows from the lower vent directly at the driver foot, there is a flap that is "easily" disjointed from its hinges, even a slight kick can dislodge the directional blade. See if you can move it back and forth freely. Mine was actually off the hinges. It is a real PITA to get back on as you must have very small hands to get it back in, in fact you must also be a contortionist. I had to have my son do it. I'm to big, and I'm not a big guy.

Also there is a vacuum line in that same vicinity, make sure it is connected. I let my son play in my jeep, and he must have pulled it out and banged the directional flap. It is farily obvious to spot.

Hope this helps. Take care,

Reply to
ULB

Thanks. I'll try that today. Your profile interested me. Ultralight Backpack. Awsome, I do a little of that myself. Thanks again.

Reply to
dmcmorris

Ping me and I will send you a scanned copy of the O&M for which you are having issues with.

Coasty

Reply to
Coasty