I'm Winched!

Over the course of yesterday and today after work, I was able to get my Warn mounted on the YJ. Had some BIG problems.. The winch housing that bolts to the plate was too large for the plate to accomodate. Turns out that my winch is some kind of 12000-15000lb military winch. Apparently this is idetified by the black case? Haven't verified this yet, but either way the winch didn't fit on the plate, so out came the grinder. Ground out a channel in the plate for the winch to fit, and wouldn't you know, the bolt holes on the rear of the winch extended over the winch plate.. out came the grinder on a piece of scrap metal...

Another problem was one of the weldnuts in the frame was missing. I'd like to go ahead and replace them all as the other 3 were a little rough as well. How do I do this?

Here's a pic of the winch mounted.

Thanks,

Carl

Reply to