rollbar holster

i typically carry a 1911 .45 on my person, and wanted a BUG that i could leave in the jeep. i found an ankle holster on ebay and it worked out better than i expected.

Nathan W. Collier

Hi Sandman, Lookin' good. Does every pickup still have the rifle rack across the window in Montana? Our Alaskan's rack:

Back in '68 I wore my44 mag:
in a holster on my hip orstrapped to the rollbar while driving on public roads, now the bleedheart liberals that moved to Kalifornia made it illegal to carry aloaded firearm in a vehicle. Since I never bothered to get a carrypermit, it's well hidden. :-) God Bless America, ßill O|||||||Omailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com "Nathan W. Collier" wrote:>

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

I honestly don't remember ever seeing very many rifle racks in pickups whilst growing up in Montana. And the only ones I can recall were all sorta snickered at. This in an area where it was fairly common to carry a sidearm anytime you were away from your main house, and not that unusual to see them in town.

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III proclaimed:

Reply to
Lon

a pick up window rifle rack just isnt big enough. in montana you gotta carry a heavy barrel long range varmit rifle for the prairie dogs, a 7mm short mag for deer/elk you might happen across, a 300 ultra for the grizzly bear, and a .44 automag for the californians. :-)

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Hello Nathan,

So you're a 1911 .45 man, heh? Good selection; same here ;). Nothing like a smooth shootin single action 45 auto.

How are things out in eastern MT? Did you get your deer & elk tag application in yet? Deadline for special app is end of the month, but of course you can still hunt on the general tag. Montana is the most hunter-friendly state I've lived in yet! I'll probably elk hunt out here in area 392 or 335 again this year. I killed a nice 5x6 bull elk in 392 last season, and a couple nice mulies and a pronghorn out this way too. I also put in for a moose, big horn sheep, and mountain goat tag; will be lucky to draw one of the three ;).

Man, we've sure been having some good rain this spring. Same for eastern MT?

Terry

Reply to
Terry Jeffrey

absolutely! i own.....well....damn near one of everything and the 1911 is my weapon of choice _except_ for when im in brown bear territory.

awesome! im heading your way next week. my brother is coming up for a 2 week vacation and we're going to take the 4 wheelers up around the blackfeet reservation.

not yet, but ill be taking care of that very soon!

the right to hunt is in the montana constitution. there are laws that prohibit any laws that would restrict hunting. :-)

only time it rains here is if i drop the top on the jeep. :-) we did get a heavy snowfall just 10 days or so ago.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Bill,

A M1911A1 is a nice heirloom indeed.

A few of my old shotguns belonged to my granddad many years ago. Not worth much in money (mostly old Winchester model 37s), but I'll never trade them. I see them as worth more than any material item in the world since he gave them to me, which my two boys or grandkids will get one day.

Terry

Reply to
Terry Jeffrey

Reply to