Ignition Linkage

Hello all,

The ignition switch linkage on my '84 CJ-7 has gone from worn to worn out. The gear on the end of the key switch and the gear on the end of the linkage rod are no longer mating correctly. The gears slip when they meet resistance i.e. when you hit the start position on the switch. Are these parts available? It doesn't look like they come with the replacement lock cylinder.

I hate to put it back together with junk yard parts that are just as worn.

Thanks, Andy Staves snipped-for-privacy@wise-wire.com

Reply to
news.yahoo.com

Hello all,

The ignition switch linkage on my '84 CJ-7 has gone from worn to worn out. The gear on the end of the key switch and the gear on the end of the linkage rod are no longer mating correctly. The gears slip when they meet resistance i.e. when you hit the start position on the switch. Are these parts available? It doesn't look like they come with the replacement lock cylinder.

I hate to put it back together with junk yard parts that are just as worn.

Thanks, Andy Staves snipped-for-privacy@wise-wire.com

Reply to
Andy

Got me. Only thing I can find is replacement ignition cylinders.

Reply to
DougW

Reply to
The Merg

I believe it is a saganaw steering column. The full sized GM used them as well.

Maybe GM sells parts for them?

Mike

Mike Romain