In need of manual transmission information: 2005 Rubicon

Greetings,
Once again, i am in need of important information regarding the NSG-370 - 6 speed manual transmission on my 2005 Jeep Rubicon (4.0 L).
Specifically: the size of the hex fill bolt/plug (mm) on the case. The drain bolt/plug is 17 mm: the same as my 2001 TJ with the NV 3550 - 5 speed (both bolts on that transmission were 17 mm). The NSG-370's hex fill bolt/plug is slightly smaller than the 17 mm drain bolt/plug...i am suspecting 16 mm, but rather than waste time & gas, Et. c., finding one, purchasing, & attempting a fit, only to have to return if the size is incorrect, i thought it best to simply ask here. Much good information was provided to me (especially from FrankW), during my earlier post & resulting thread regarding specifications for this new 6 speed manual transmission that replaced the NV-3550.
Thanks very much as always,
Campbell Freeman South Carolina
If it is indeed 16mm, then you can use a 5/8" wrench. They are only .004" different, and the 5/8 is smaller, so there wont be a slippage problem. Might save you a trip and a wrench purchase.
Chris

Thanks "c",
The only problem i see with that is this is not a standard bolt. It is a recessed threaded metric plug ~ 5/8" 'deep'...a hexagonal "hole" into which the 1/2" drive socket tool you use has an extended hex shaft the size of the plug. that tool fits into the plug and you either loosen or tighten the plug.
I hope i described that properly. I am not a mechanic. I am a drummer.
ccf

Go ahead and buy the allen wrench, like you see on the wall:
http://www.billhughes.com/oscilloscope.jpg
Like you're going to check it on every oil change like a Real service station, right? God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com
campbell c freeman wrote:

Use a bolt of the correct size head & double nut the other end & turn with a wrench
FYI:
NSG-370 fill plug: 14 mm (caliper measured); drain plug: 17mm (fit with existing hex socket).
campbell freeman