Hex Bit for NV3550 Drain/Fill Plugs

Hello,

I am going to attempt to change the transmission oil in my 2001 TJ (4L) w/ the NV 3550 5 speed manual transmission.

I have the Mopar recommended fluid, but do not have the proper size hex bit for the drain/fill plugs. I measured the I/D across two opposite faces with a caliper and came up with 5/8" (~ 16 mm). I do not see 5/8" hex bits available, so I don't know if my measurement is correct. I do not know if the plugs are SAE or Metric.

Does anyone know the proper size hex bit for the plugs on the NV3550? JC Whitney offers bit sets in SAE or Metric, but want to make sure of the size first.

Any information would be most appreciated.

Thanks very much,

Campbell Freeman South Carolina

Reply to
Campbell Freeman

17mm- available at Sears, about nine dollars.
Reply to
j.g.lawrence

Reply to
mic canic