informative video download

Helmet test, under 400Kb

Paul Calman

Paul Calman did pass the time by typing:

As a cyclist that had a front tire blow at 50+mph I will be the first to agree with this flick.

Reply to
DougW

Delaware doesn't require helmets. (actually, they do, I think you just have to have a helmet strapped to the bike for passenger's optional use, or something like that) I used to own a bike and it never ceases to amaze me when I see these guys riding with bare heads. I wouldn't consider doing that any more than I'd consider jumping out of an airplane without a parachute! I periodically read about so-and-so wrecking his bike and being killed... invariably, he was not wearing a helmet...

Reply to
TJim

Three of my friends have died with their helmets on in the last six months, all were experienced riders killed by senior citizens either making a left, or 'U' turn. None of them would have wanted to live out their days as a paraplegic.

Reply to
Paul Calman

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Approximately 11/16/03 10:34, L.W.(ßill) Hughes III uttered for posterity:

Hopefully in the direction of the wagon driver, with a big big big hunk of steel clutched in your fists.

Reply to
Lon Stowell

Me as well. I was forced to lay the bike down twice the same trip. Came home and parked it. Wasn't going to give it a 3rd shot....

Mike

"L.W.(ßill) Hughes III" wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Oh those days.... In my younger (looking for an education the hard way) years I had several bikes. Two motorcross and several street bikes. I had gotten pretty good at riding wheelies while changing gears on my dirt bikes so I decided to try it on my street bike while on a hard gravel road. First to second was fine but second to third got a way from me and I found myself running behind my bike as it came over. I lost control and skidded to a stop developing nice deep road rash on my palms elbows and legs. Luckily I had my helmet on otherwise the gashes in the helmet would have been in my skull.

bill

Reply to
William Oliveri