Inoperable winch

I have a 2001 Yamaha Kodiak 4x4 atv and it has a Warn winch on it. My particular setup utilizes a solenoid and has a rocker type switch to control in and out as opposed to the usual disc type (roto)switch. The winch does not work. I changed the solenoid, and it still won't work. I tested the old solenoid, and it is good. What I would like, is if someone can give me some advice on where to find troubleshooting info on winches. No doubt, I want to fix my current problem, but I would much rather do some reading, and learn how the system is suppose to work (and be wired) from battery to switch to solenoid to winch, so that I can fix problems in the future. Please advise on where I can find proper wiring info, and an explanation of what each part of the circuit does during normal operation.

Thanks b-c-robert

Reply to
b-c-robert

You have a good winch, and I see you already asked the alt.atv group. Why not go to the source?

Rusted

Hey Robert, Rusted is right. I had some issues with my winch, and contacted Warn Industries through their technical Support, and it took a few days, but they did get back to me. When you contact them, be sure to give them your model # , Serial # and request all wiring diagrams and trouble shooting info. I did this and they emailed me back all the pdf documents and everything needed to get it right. They were great!

b-c-robert wrote:

Reply to
Robb S via CarKB.com

Thanks for the help guys,,,, I'll send an e-mail today

Reply to
b-c-robert