Instructions to Replace A/C Air Compressor in 97 TJ..

Hello,

does anyone have a link to instructions for the replacement of a new AIR Compressor / Clutch in my 97 TJ. My A/C clutch went out and I bought a replacment (which was cheaper as a combo to buy the clutch and the compressor) and I would like to put them on myself.

By looking at the existing one it looks very simple. I have the necessary gauges to install the unit. I have them for when I worked on the A/C in one of my JD tractor's.

Any help would be appreciated!!

TIA! SP

Reply to
sp

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Bills right unless you inored it too long and the insides were torn up also. The same brand of compressor is used on VW Eurovans, I have one, and this subjects comes up too often. If you drove it and used the AC with a bad clutch the "innards" were forced to run out of round, off center if you will, and it goes out quickly.

JoBo

Reply to
Jo Bo

Thanks.. I thought that i woult just try the clutch first.. some one told me that my compressor was probably bad if the clutch was.. but I dont think I even ran it a day before I relaized the clutch was bad so maybe I will get lucky .. and if the compressor is bad i can always have someone put it on.

Do you have anymore of those helpful diagrams of the serpentine blet install.. I read in here a while back that there is a trick to it. I had a heck of a time getting one on last time.

Thanks so much fo you're help!

SP

Reply to
sp