intake manifold (Mopar MPI) a bear to get on

Hi all,

I finally got my mopar mpi intake manifold on but it was a real b*tch. Anyone else have this trouble? I found that the Exhaust Manifold (258 4.2L) was "in the way" by not being correctly spaced (each "finger" that comes up from the exhaust pipe). One of the "fingers" was in the way and so the intake manifold hit it only on this finger so I found I could use a C-Clamp to "pull" the finger away and then I could tap the intake manifold into place with a rubber mallet.

I'm still having troubles getting the securing bolts in as many of the holes are partially covered by the exhaust manifold. Really a bear to get these puppies in.

Anyone else have this kind of trouble?

Thanks,

Bill

Reply to
William Oliveri

A die grinder huh? Sounds good to me. I certainly don't like trying to force anything. I'll look into picking one up.

Thanks,

Bill

Reply to
William Oliveri

i saw a guy online that put small dents on the exhaust manifold with a hammer-i don't know how much material you need to remove but a die grinder may remove too much...

Reply to
serg

I replaced my exhaust manifold with a Borla header when I did my MPFI install, and I had no issues whatsoever.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

My setup went without a hitch....where was the interference? I'd grind away the offending exhaust section too.

Reply to
Richard Harris