Is it worth it?

I'll second Snow's opinion.

You can even use fiberglass matting and rosin to patch the floors up because it does have a 'frame' under there for stiffness. I have used duct tape, the real metal stuff and the soft stuff, to cover the gaping holes, then applied the glass mat over top and had that repair pass vehicle safety inspections on 'many' different vehicles with no comments other than a real hard thump on the area by the inspector to make sure it was a 'solid' repair.

Our 88 currently has plywood for the drivers side floor. I am going to retire it though and maybe put my 87 that still has floors on the road if the city will give me enough time to swap the parts. Both need full clutch systems though... :-( (got a new apartment building up across the street and they 'really, really' don't like my rust bucket driveway beaters. The complaints are flying fast and furious. I am thinking on painting the one fingered salute on my garage door...

Mike

Mike Romain

There are plenty of these vehicles in rust-free condition, and I do mean rust-free condition, in New Mexico.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

RUST !!??? ................. on a JEEP ?????? You must be mistaken !

Reply to
Rod Gramlich

Sorry. I meant to say "holes."

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Hi Greg

FWIW I would fix it.

I suggest you take it to a local high school or vocational school and ask the shop instructor if they can fix it if you supply the sheet metal and welding rods. Chances are they would be glad to do it if you take out the carpets and drive it in.

Merrill

Reply to
merrill

Also, this works for paint jobs. Take them a couple of gallons of paint and some sandpaper and they will do it. Not professional, but cheap. Been there, done that.

Merrill

Reply to
merrill

Reply to