Liberty trans gasket

I want to know if a 05 liberty with select trac uses a gasket on the transmission or rtv.

Reply to
Gary

Never use RTV for a trans pan gasket. There should be a gasket availible at

Carl

Reply to
Carl S

Reply to
philthy

If ANY of the RTV breaks off it can wreak havoc on the inside of an auto trans. I have never seen an auto trans with rtv, only straight gaskets.

Carl

Reply to
Carl S

Reply to
Gary

I dont think a trans pan gasket is resuseable. Pull the pan, put on a new gasket, don't use any sealer.

Carl

Reply to
Carl S

Reply to
Gary

Not for sure on the Jeep, but on some GM tranny's they use a gasket made out of hard plastic with a silicon bead in it They also have metal spacer rings in the bolt holes to prevent cracking the plastic. These gaskets are re usable.

-- Old Crow "Yol Bolsun!" '82 FLTC-P "Miss Pearl" '74 XLH chopper(gone but not forgotten) BS#133, SENS, TOMKAT, MAMBM

Reply to
Old Crow

Reply to
philthy