How difficult is it to remove ECU and all circuits? '86 Carbed truck.

I posted earlier about the ECU on my nieces '86 PU. She lives on Maui and they don't have smog inspections there anyway so what is necesary to remove the controls and be able to use the thing with a straight carb? I assume the distributor is comp controlled but I don't know for sure. Is the ignitor or anything else controlled by the ECU? What else would need to be done to make this work?

Carb. Dist. ????

TIA

JohnF

Reply to
JohnF

Here are some carburetor sites:

these are for the 38 there are economy carb kits for smallerventuri carbs.

I have a '87 and have been thinking about a Weber conversion if and when I have carb problems.

Jarhead

Reply to
Jarhead

Reply to