Re: 406 gear knob... how to remove it

If it's anything like the 306 you will have to pull it straight up very hard and not twist it.

Just bought a 406 coupe v6 ( '99 model ) in excellant condition except > for the gear knob its very tatty so I deceided to buy a 3rd party > replacement. > But how do you remove it, I've tried to unscrew it with all of my > might, everything twists anticlockwise but the begger will not come > off. I dont want to do any damage so I've given up until someone tells > me how to remove it correctly. > > Whats the correct way? > > many thanks > > Tony > > >
Reply to
Mike

Thanks mike.. I gave it an almighty pull and off it popped, problem is that the ball top and the aluminium tube came off together, ( 406 coupe only trim??? ) . The third party replacement is the ball top only.. So is there a way to remove the aluminium tube so I can put that back on the gear stick.. Or is there a third party piece I can use?

Without the Alu tube the leather gator is about two inch lower than the ball head with the bare gear stick visible..

Ta.. .... Tony

Reply to
Tony

Also, if it's like the 306, move your head out of the way when you pull at it,

Neil

Reply to
Neil D

I'm not too sure on the 406 but you can always try and remove the tube from the gear knob.If that doesn't work there are third party replacements that you can get in your local motor shops or from online sites.

Reply to
Mike