Jeep 207/231 speedometer cable adapter swap to 249

Hello,

I've got an old np207 that is making noise in my yj and want to install an np247 (I know the 249 is awd and I will permanently lock my front passenger axle). Is there any way for me to adapt my speedo cable to the 249 transfer case?

Thanks everyone,

Jim

Reply to
jim.c.christiansen

L.W.(ßill)Hughes III

Hello Bill,

I've heard this too before, but the 249 is even behind the V8s and hemi engines... Any way, this makes it easier for my wife just to always have awd all the time instead of tearing up something in the drive-train when she forgets to get it out of 4x4 on the better traction flatter stuff. We really live in an area with lousy roads.

Jim

Reply to
jim.c.christiansen

I've heard this too before, but the 249 is even behind the V8s and hemi engines... Any way, this makes it easier for my wife just to always have awd all the time instead of tearing up something in the drive-train when she forgets to get it out of 4x4 on the better traction flatter stuff. We really live in an area with lousy roads.

Jim

Reply to
SupermanHughesFighter of POSs 24Wimp & SWimp