Jeep Carpet Recylcing

Hi all,

I've just removed the carpet from my new (to me) 99 XJ. I really have no use for the carpet as it only promotes rusty floorboards around here.

Does anybody know of anyway to recycle the carpeting? Perhaps there are carpet recyclers who would take it.

Alternatively, if anyone is looking for a carpet for their Cherokee, that's in pretty good condition, they are more than welcome to it.

I just feel awfull about the thought of putting it in landfill.

RAC

Reply to
RAC

Post it on craigs list or ebay or some such. I sold the carpet kit out of my TJ years back via this list.

-jenn

Reply to
jbjeep

I take out the carpet every summer, let the floor dry completely out, and touch up any areas that are losing paint. This works for me in sunny Colorado. I don't know how well it would work where you are.

Keep your carpet until you are ready to sell the vehicle. Then put it back in.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

What color?

Reply to
Bulletsnbrains

Dark grey

Reply to
RAC

Thanks but I plan on getting rid of the carpet either way. I'm more interested in simple utility than sport or luxury. First i'm going to fix the rusty spots and pin holes; then I'm going to apply a rubber-ish liner like rhino liner. My truck is nearly spotless except for the floorboards. Once that wooly insulation gets wet it never dries out and just holds the moisture next to the metal.

RAC

Reply to
RAC

Rac,

I may be interested. How much including shipping to Madison, WI 53714 ?

Brian

Reply to
Bulletsnbrains