Carpet in the trunk of '03 GT Vert

I'm trying to remoce the "carpeting" in the trunk of my convirtilble GT to add some sound proofing. Is there a way to remove the clips that hold the carpet in place with out destroying them? When I try to pry them off, they only come out so far.

Thanks!

Reply to
mustangjoe

There is a special tool for popping those out. Here's a link to a picture of some examples

of the two on the right will work for you.You can substitute, of all things, a weed puller that is used for digging up dandilions.
sell them at WalMart and so on for just a few bucks. You may be able to get a single tool from one of the chain parts stores. Should you break one of the clips, and it happens all the time, you can buy replacements at a number of places. Once they have been removed, they will still work, but not as well as if you just went ahead and put new ones in.

Hope this helped. Kate

98 Cobra Drop Top
Reply to
SVTKate