Jeep Jamboree

Hi,

My sweety is going to Vegas in October, with or without me. My question is, is it worth traveling from Oklahoma City to Las Vegas in a stock TJ with the chance to escape to the Jeep Jamboree?

The drive doesn't scare me, I've done OKC to Tampa Fl, twice. Once back roads and once interstate. But what about the Jamboree. Can I get my $250 worth in a stock TJ? Anyone with local knowledge?

My TJ is 4 liter but has Manual with 3.07's. I screwed up there. I tried turning 31x10.5's but went back to stock size as the Jeep was undrivable, sort of. I couldn't use 5th gear at all and most of our city streets are 40 mph speed limit, which with a headwind or slight grade required 3rd gear. My first Jeep was a Sahara with 4.11's, boy I wish I had the money to get

4.11's again.

Anyway, Thanks for your time and opinions. By the way, she's flying......

Craig

Reply to
Craig

I think the real question is will your sweety ride all the way to Vegas in a TJ (grin)!

Reply to
Bruce Yelen

No way, She more of a T-Bird girl. She's flying on a Gambling Charter.

I'm looking forward to lots of real loud ZZTop and Lynyrd Skynyrd, SRV maybe a little Bob Seger too . I think I have enough CD for about 20 hours.

She's got free rooms at the Four Queens however....

undrivable,

flying......

Reply to
Craig

go play Black Jack and win both gears and Jambo entry fee.

83 CJ 8, a work in progress
out the "XXX" to e-mail me
Reply to
Evan