Jeep Leaks

Well, it looks like this is getting to be a regular occurrence. Every time we get an all-day rain storm, I have a sopping-wet carpet, more so on the driver's side. The last time, the dealer changed the weatherstripping. Now I have my suspicion that the water is coming in through the cowl vent. If so, how does one go about getting to the source. My YJ at least has a cover that can be removed. Yeah, and it never leaked in 13 years. Thanks In Advance.

Reply to
Eugene D'Jeep

The cowl drain is small and easily blocked with mud. You can rod it out with a welding rod. It exits at the rear of the engine bay. You just unscrew the slatted section underneath the windscreen; its only on by a couple of screws if memory serves. My TJ leaks at the weatherstripping on the driver's side ; check to see of the replacement worked !!

Cheers, Dave Milne, Scotland

Reply to
Dave Milne

My wife's TJ leaks on the passenger side weatherstrip. It looks like the top of the half door weatherstrip doesn't fully engage the plastic window frame.

I lifted the window out of the door about a millimeter and it looks like that solved the problem for now.

weatherstripping

Reply to
Jason