Jeep Rescue concept

From Forbes web site:

(Sorry if this was already posted, I couldn't find a related thread.)

-- Wry-mouth '01 TJ

Reply to
Wry-mouth

L.W.(ßill)

QUOTE: And get this: The Rescue has cameras under the chassis that display what the axles are about to run into--useful for off-roading in a tall vehicle like this. ... Are the H2's 17-inch wheels impressive? No. Rescue comes with titanic, 37-inch wheels with run-flat tires. UNQUOTE

37 inch wheels? If that were true, the truck would be over 120 inches tall - measure it yourself with a ruler. Phhhhht! The author is a moron.

How long would a camera continue to function under an off road vehicle? How long would the lens even stay clean enough to see through?

Build it without all the electronic foofoorah and it could be a pretty interesting rig. I like the look. A 4 door diesel powered Wrangler (Dakar) makes more sense to me.

John Davies Spokane WA USA

Reply to
John Davies

Approximately 11/25/03 15:50, John Davies uttered for posterity:

Perhaps the author measured the overall height or some such idiocy. This *is* Forbes, after all.

Lens wipers?

I wouldn't mind seeing that 305 hp/555 ft-lb diesel in the GC rather than the Hemi.

Reply to
Lon Stowell