Jeep Wrangler Sport 2000

Hello,

I guess I have been running my 2000 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4X4 too hard. I fried the transmission. Anyone know how much it costs to get it replaced/fixed? I live in the Boston, MA area. Anyone know of a cheap honest mechanic?

Reply to
James.Wyninegar

What did you do to the tranny? Fill it with water?

It is unusual to hear about them trashed....

Mike

Mike Romain

Reply to
James.Wyninegar

Reply to
James.Wyninegar

Is it an automatic or 5 speed?

'Slipping' implies an automatic. Otherwise, slipping means a bad clutch.

The automatic's shift points are controlled by the throttle position sensor up on the throttle body. I would recommend you pull it's plug and use a spray contact cleaner to the socket and pins. They can look clean, but a clean does them wonders. I am not sure where the automatic's computer module is, but a clean of it's contacts can't hurt either.

Mike

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Reply to
James.Wyninegar
2000 auto was a Chrysler 999 three-speed.
Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo