For Sale: '02 Wrangler Sport

I recently ordered an '06 Wrangler Rubicon and it is due in on or about October 15th. I am selling my '02 Wrangler Sport. Please see the following description and see photos here:

'02 Wrangler Sport, red with tan interior and tan tops

4.0L, 6-cylinder Auto transmission Dana 44 rear axel with factory Trac-Loc limited slip Air Conditioning Fog lamps Hard doors with roll-up windows Tow hooks, front & rear AM/FM stereo with CD 7-speaker sound system with factory sound bar and subwoofer Dual tops (hard & soft top) Deep tinted windows in both hard & soft top Cruise control Tilt steering wheel Factory side steps (removable) Intermittent wipers Asking $15,900

For anybody that is in the northeast Ohio area, or anyone else for that matter, give me a call at 440-442-1507

Tom

Reply to
mabar

Is that the going price?

Reply to
Billy Ray

Well the

price for Retail Value is $16,625, but my price is negotiable.

Tom

Reply to
mabar

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Hi Bill:

Do you mean the trade-in value of the '02, or the price of the new Rubi? I never got a trade-in value from the dealer. I just told him I was going to sell the '02 myself.

I got the "FFP" price on the new Rubi, which is Jeep's "Family, Friends & Partners" price which is 1% below the factory invoice price. I got a $500 rebate on top of that.

Tom

Reply to
mabar

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Never asked him, but I'm sure it was low.

Tom

Reply to
mabar

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

I don't know how it works in California, but in Ohio when you transfer a vehicle title, you enter the buyer's name and address on the title, vehicle mileage, etc., then the seller signs & dates it and has his signature notarized. The buyer then takes the title to the Ohio Title Bureau and has the vehicle title transferred into his name. I suppose that technically there is a period of time when the buyer is driving the seller's vehicle (until the title actually transfers) but I think the buyers dated and notarized signature on the title would alleviate him of any responsibility. But then again, I am not a lawyer, so I don't know for sure how this works.

Tom

Reply to
mabar

mabar is right.... just get everything signed and dated and milage & vin # at sale and keep copies handy!!

-- Jarod Sprauer

Talk is JEEP at

281-807-JEEP (5337)

Reply to
J. Sprauer

I sold a car once where the seller NEVER registered it. He drove it around with a plate he had laying around his garage.

My lawyer explained that the ownership passed when I had a signed and dated bill of sale in my hand, and I signed the back of the title to the next owner. The odometer reading on the BOS and title states an even more exact moment of when the legal ownership of the vehicle passed.

Think about it. Used car dealers never register cars to themselves.

Lots of folks believe that a bill of sale is only useful for establishing the selling price for tax purposes. The document covers a seller's ass much more than the buyer.

Reply to
B a r r y

Also in Ohio the license plates are registered to owner not the vehicle. When I sell a car the plates come with me. The buyer can get temporary 30 day plates from their neighborhood registrar with the signed over title and bill of sale. Those plates are registered to him.

Reply to
Billy Ray

If I remember correctly in Kalifornia the license plates are registered to the car and not the owner. If Bill sells a car and Jose does not contact the BMV then Kalifornia still thinks Bill owns the car...... even years later.

Is my memory correct?

Reply to
Billy Ray

In CA (KA), The seller fills out a notice of sale or transfer.

Clay

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Reply to