02 Liberty lift

I am thinking about putting a lift kit in my 02 Liberty. Nothing radical just enough to get it up a little so I don't use the skip plates as plows as often as I do now. The Libby is towed behind my motor home so I don't want to effect the steering geometry or general handling. We do not do any rock crawling or anything too radical just spend a lot of time running around the desert. Cost is a factor but not the determining one. How about some information on what kits you would recommend.

TIA.

Reply to
AJ

We only had one user here that was serious about lifting her Libby.

She was looking here:

billy ray

...and then she said screw it - traded in her 6 month old Liberty and bought a Rubicon.

;-D

K.

Reply to
Big Iron

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

A liberty and jeep mentioned in the same sentence is an oxymoron as that vehicle is neither liberty nor jeep. Son, get yourself a real vehicle.

Larry

AJ wrote:

Reply to
larry

Son, I have had more REAL vehicles than you can dream about. I will bet that I have more off road miles than 90% of the people here. The Liberty is perfect for behind the motor home. I can take it in comfort to the 5 star restaurant or the Niellie E Saloon ( desert bar ). I have other vehicles that I can use for rock crawling if I want to. I drove a Rubicon before getting the Liberty and it was nothing to write home about!

Reply to
AJ

Nope, you didn't do it Bill. We have been VERY busy. Doing a major remodeling project, gardening just not computin much- as you can see. I am using hub's laptop. Mine is disconnected in the corner till the floor is finished.

K.

Reply to
Big Iron

Depends on what you want. The Lib is a good little rig, if that's what you want.

Personally, I think the Rubicon is all that -and a kiss- to go. Ya can't go topless in a Liberty!

Kate

Reply to
Big Iron

True but for my usage it is perfect or at least close. I came close with the Rubicon but at least the one I tested had too many quirks and was not consistent. Though I did see one with every possible option that I sorta lusted after but did not drive. I also have too many vehicles now.. just gave an 350 powered S-10 to one of the neighborhood kids and still have too many left.

Reply to
AJ

Kate?

Reply to
billy ray

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Bill you are out of touch. 'Garden Bathrooms' where three walls are glass have been all the rage for years now...

Reply to
billy ray

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Well.... That and they appear in homes that only the mature homeowner can afford and who wants to see them?

Reply to
billy ray

Hey there! Thought that might have been you over on the gardening group!

Seahag

Reply to
Seahag

"Seahag" wrote

Hey You! I was a little, for a bit - just turned this little guy on. Our office is a wreck, piled in two rooms right now. The Maple plank flooring is going in today though, well, maybe today, tomorrow and the next day at the speeds we work at LOL

There is a LOT of good info over there too.

Take 'er easy

K.

Reply to
Big Iron

Then why do you do it?

Reply to
Claude Horribly

The apartment we had in Puerto Vallarta this spring had one of those. I could live with the glass since it was pretty well screened from the outside but that had to be the noisiest toilet I ever saw! You couldn't even turn on the faucet in the sink without it being heard all over the unit - and flushing the john came through like an afterburner takeoff. I leave it to your imagination what the rest of the session sounded like...

The words discreet and quiet were frequently heard when review> Bill you are out of touch. 'Garden Bathrooms' where three walls are glass

Reply to
Will Honea

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III