Libert Diesel...Nov 04 or early 05?

Diesel has got significantly cleaner in the last 20 years and it generates less greenhouse gases than gasoline, but with respect to particulates and nitrogen oxides (smog) it is still 4-5 times dirtier than today's worst gas burner.

If you have an open mind, the Union of Concerned Scientists lay out the diesel issues rather well:

?pageID=230 As for Bill, an otherwise vocal opponent of greenies and lefty enviros, I suspect that the true source of his disdain for the diesel engine is not so much pollution as it is that it was invented by a Paris-born Bavarian. ;)

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Yeah right..

Batteries can be safely recycled.. The damage caused by spent hydrocarbons is not so easily eliminated..

And please keep up that thought.. After all many foreigners are making a killing off of people with that attitude. And I'd like to take this opportunity to speak as one of them and thank you for it..it's been paying off handsomely :)

Reply to
Bill

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Actually on a cost per kwh, hydro electric is by far the cheepest method over time, it does however have draw backs such as huge initial costs, environment concerns, and the availiblity of a suitable location..

Ahh yes the nuclear option.. cheap, relativley safe.. can have disasterous outcomes, allthough it's highyly unlikely that the reactors that would be built will be of a design that is not dual use..after all who can really be trusted?... Then there is the down side on what to do with waste that will last for very likely the entire life span of our speices.. waste that will only continue to build up.. waste we can't do anything about ... And what about cleaning up contaiminted sites from old plants....? And what about accidents..they will happen again... Personally I'd rather have the area that I live continue to remain nuclear free.

Reply to
Bill

Translation: No it would not meet today's fuel economy\emissions standards..

And no I don't have a problem with my Jeep.. It's in perfect mechanical condition, and in virtual mint condition other then a few rock chips in the windshield which will soon be replaced.. It would very easily pass an emissions test.. if there actually was a requirment here..which isn't very likely to happen any time in the forseeable future..

Reply to
Bill

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

I have some doubts on that cost you claim..as well as the time span.. Wasn't it you demanding proof on emissions, yet you base your claims here on what exactly?

The risk is not as big as you claim.. There are thousands of battery powered vehicles, lifts, forklifts etc in use today and battery explosion is not a common occurance.

How do you figure I'm a "bleeding heart liberal greenie" are you putting that foot somewhere again? Let's see I live in an area where the largest industries are oil\gas, forestry and minning.. I have been directly involved in design and construction of several multi-billion dollar oil sands projects.. I've been an active member of an organization that has sucessfully fought environmental groups on back-country access..

Bill, like your "real jeep" bullshit, your just babbling and talking crap.. Don't be an ass bill and start casting labels on people you don't know.. You should really start with yourself..

Reply to
Bill

Obviously more then you do.. Or do you care to provide us with the actual numbers.. After all it was you who demanded figures and facts yet...base all your BS statements on...what was it again?

Reply to
Bill

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Can't we all just get along? *WHIIIINE*!!! :-P

Reply to
Shaggie

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Well whenever something happens that I don't like I just start breaking into local businesses and stealing TV sets because that is the intelligent thing to do and shows everyone I'm a concerned citizen. Don't you? :-)

*rakes coals over fire*

Reply to
Shaggie

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Toyota Prius batteries are warranted for 10 years. The replacement batteries cost $3500.

Reply to
RJ

Bill are you just a complete idiot or what? You've already made it clear your out of touch with reality..

Reply to
Bill