Lifting a 97 Jeep Wrangler

Thanks, Matt! Perfect visual.

tw

Reply to
twaldron

There are two types of spacers ...

The type that twist in between the coils increase the spring rate. These also have a tendency to fall out ...

The type that install between the end of the spring and the spring seat don't increase the spring rate.

reboot

Reply to
reboot

Yes, true, and also those adjustable spacers which are designed to eliminate lean (band aid) or to compensate for things like hard tops or any other type load. The increase would probably be slight, but possibly noticeable. However, I think we were discussing the standard cheap 2" pucks.

tw

Reply to
twaldron

Thanks, gotcha. Now I remember the difference, spaced that out thinking about the CJ's.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Romain

I always thought of those as load levelers, not spacer lifts. I was talking the pucks that sit on the springs so the exact same spring rate is still there.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Romain