Limited slip in a cj5

All,

I have heard that it is not wise to install a limited slip in a short wheelbase vehicle. Has anyone else heard this? Does anyone know why?

Karl

Reply to
Karl Norrena

It can make the rear wheels suddenly want to exchange places with the front wheels on a slippery road when using two wheel drive, but I am not aware of any other reason. ;o)

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Short wheelbases do that *without* LSDs. I can't see that a LSD would hurt anything.

Reply to
TJim

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

I didn't know that they made real Jeeps after WWII, Bill.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Newton

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

You are a pretty good sport, Bill, I hope you know I am just hackin on ye.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Newton

It sure looks funny watching them crab walk along though...

Mike

"L.W.(ßill) Hughes III" wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain