Limited slip on a 2011 Sport?

I'm ordering the Wrangler in the morning. I've been going back and forth about springing a bit extra for ltd slip. Pros? Cons? Thoughts?

Thanks!

Reply to
That Guy

Depends on what you are planning on doing and where you live.

Limited slip is good for more advanced offroading and mud/snow but on ice it can cause the back end to move out on you, especially on corners. The "poor man's locker" is the brake. A bit of brake a bit more gas and it's almost like having limited slip.

See if you can Wrangle them into giving it to you for free. (pun intended)

Reply to
DougW

Reply to
LW(Bill)HughesIII

Reply to
LW(Bill)HughesIII

That's pretty much what I was thinking. I've had ltd slip on cars when I was younger, but wasn't sure if there were any specific (dis)advantages it might have for me offroad.

For the life of me, I can't remember if my 2000 Sport has it (or if it was even available at the time)--probably not. Given that I haven't run into any problems playing in the mud since I had a '69 Scout as a teenager, and my offroading will be limited for the foreseeable future due to time constraints, I think I'll put that money toward some aftermarket goodies.

Oh, I do, however, plan on badgering them into tossing a vehicle recovery system (Lojack/GuardPoint/etc) in for free so I can get the insurance discount.

Thanks for your help!

Reply to
That Guy