looking for oppinions on axles

I was talking to my friend last night and he told me that I should put in floating axles in my D44 since I have to replace the axle that I broke. It is the rear axle that I broke. Then he was mentioning about hubs and how if I wanted to put locking hubs on the rear I can. That sounded like a good idea since I tow it everywhere I go and can unlock the hubs for when I tow. Is this a good idea?

Anyway I am still looking at options to fix my axle. Any ideas would be great!

Thanks in advance,

Shamus

80 CJ5 SOA D30 front D44 rear 33"
Reply to
Shamus O Hire

L.W.(ßill)

Yup, full floater are nice, and a great way to spend money, but the transfer case has a neutral position, so locking hubs are silly, unless you want front wheel drive for winter.

-- Paul Calman, Hathaway Pines, California

Reply to
Paul Calman