Found out what I broke yesterday!!!

Well I was right about breaking the driver side rear axle on my jeep. BUMMER!!! But really stank was the fact that I also broke 3 teeth off of the ring gear also!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OUCH!!! Good thing is that I didn't have to replace the locker.

I wish that Bill was right though, I wish I only broke the spider gear.

OH WELL!! But as my wife says, "That is why we bought it" GOD I love her!!!

Shamus

80 CJ-5 SOA D30 front D44 rear 33" swampers +++
Reply to
Shamus O'Hire

In news:3_Aoc.7801$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr27.news.prodigy.com, Shamus O'Hire from was injured because:

| Well I was right about breaking the driver side rear axle on | my jeep. BUMMER!!! But really stank was the fact that I also | broke 3 teeth off of the ring gear also!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! | OUCH!!! Good thing is that I didn't have to replace the | locker. | | I wish that Bill was right though, I wish I only broke the | spider gear. | | OH WELL!! But as my wife says, "That is why we bought it" | GOD I love her!!! | | Shamus | 80 CJ-5 | SOA | D30 front | D44 rear | 33" swampers | +++

Is she looking for a new husband, perhaps??? ;)

Reply to
Joseph P

That never would have happened with the mighty D35.

-Brian

Reply to
Cherokee-LTD

D35?????? I forgot to mention that it was a Dana 44 that I broke.

Shamus

80 CJ-5 SOA D30 front D44 rear 33" swampers
Reply to
Shamus O'Hire

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

-Brian

Reply to
Cherokee-LTD

-Brian

Reply to
Cherokee-LTD

I went over to the shop and looked at the axle. It broke where the shaft goes into the pumpkin or where the spines end and the shaft is smooth.

All I have to say is that I am glad that it is fixed.

Shamus

80 CJ-5 SOA D30 front D44 rear 33" swampers +++
Reply to
Shamus O Hire

I thought so but I wasn't sure. I'm still a little new at all of the different parts.

Thanks!!

Shamus

80 CJ-5 SOA D30 front D44rear 33" swampers +++
Reply to
Shamus O Hire

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Geezzz.... Does your wife have any sisters? :-)

Of course, then I'll have to find someone to take mine. :-)

Bill

Reply to
William Oliveri

What the heak is an ear Bling Bling? Stereo?

My wife just got a new BMW 325i not a year ago and she fights me every step of the way with the CJ7. So I need to work extra jobs to pay for it and the upgrades.

Consider yourself lucky.

Bill

Reply to
William Oliveri

My wife bought our CJ7....

I had to go buy her a Cherokee so I could get to drive the CJ...

Mike

William Oliveri wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Is she cute? :-)

Chris

You tell me. Here's a pic.

Bill

Reply to
William Oliveri

Ah, a Southern gal! Just the way I like 'em! :-D

Reply to
Shaggie

Heh, you can keep her.

Chris

Yep,

posted them on Alt.binaries.pictures.autos.4x4 Look for the heading BROKEN AXLE PICS FROM A DANA 44 there are 4 or 5 posts.