looking to see some pics of Jeeps with 30X9.50-15

Hello all - doing some research into which tires to purchase for my Jeep (YJ 1991). Not going to do much offroading, just looking for a bit of a beefier look. Does anyone have any pictures of Jeeps with

30X9.50-15 on them? From what I have read that is the largest the 91 YJ can accomodate without a lift. Are 30s and 235s roughly the same size? Thanks in advance for your help, this forum is great for newbies such as myself. - Mark
Reply to
macgraphics

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Thanks Bill - Not sure how much I like the "poser" connotation. Just looking to beef a 91 up without dropping too much $ into it. I would love to see pictures of how 30" tires actually look on other Jeeps, if anyone has pics out there. Thanks again - Mark

Reply to
macgraphics

This is my 91 YJ with 30x9.5" tires. It had a 1" shackle lift at the time.

HTH.

Carl

Reply to
Carl

Oops, it was 89 YJ

Carl

Reply to
Carl

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

You *did* mention you weren't actually going to take it off road.. just wanting to 'beef it up'.

It'll look reaaaal nice when you pull into the supermarket parking lot :)

J.

Reply to
Jason Backshall

I can do ther math -- but I'm not going to -- to see if 30s and 235s are the same, but you are mixing apples and oranges here.

30 is the diameter, 235 is the width.

When a tire is listed as 235/75x15, they mean that the tire is 235 wide, and 75% of that is sidwalll, and it all fits on a 15" rim.

The formula is * * 2 / 25.4 (convert mm to inches) +

PS, the max you can stuff under your YJ is a 31x10.50, and it will only rub when your suspension is fully flexxed. A 30x9.50 will fit with no worries.

Reply to
CRWLR

Oops!

Since it's the Aspect Ratio, the number to multiply is 0.75, or 75% (same thing). Sorry.

Reply to
CRWLR

Here is a couple from today.

Jimbo

For sizes of BFGs A/T-KOs you can check directly:

The 235/75R15s are 29.0 inches tall, and the 30x9.50R15s are 29.5.

On my 87 YJ I went with 235s, they were in stock. The 30x9.5s would have taken a week to get. The price was the same.

--Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Dellacona

most wont agree with this recomendation (no one likes lift shackles :) but get some lift shackles and put real 31's on. Depending on the brand they will be about 29 inches or less actual hieght and will squeeze under there with about 1.5 inches of lift depending on if your leafs still have a little bit of positive arch.

This is a much more common size and looks just beefy enough to put the jeep more in proportion... of course that's _my_ opinion. Pics of shackle lifted jeeps with 31's should be easy to find.

You'll also have the same nice YJ ride quality and lift shackles are cheap (and can be easilly fabricated for free if you have some 1/4" flat bar and a drill press).

Reply to
Simon Juncal

This is a great sight for just looking.... Chad

04 LJ 3" BDS 33's 02 TJ RIP 99 WJ RIP 95 YJ RIP
Reply to
Chad Fraker

New BFG MTs are amazingly quiet for a MT I think.

Dave Milne, Scotland

Reply to
Dave Milne