Low mileage cj's

Sadly I don't really live in "jeep" country, but I am definitely seeing fewer and fewer Jeep cj's around. And many of those I do notice show quite a lot of wear-and-tear.

So it got me to wondering --- I've seen the question asked about high-mileage Jeeps. What about -- documented -- low mileage ones that are still left out there?

My 82 has about 54,000. (I know that is correct mileage because I bought it new.) I assume that is on the low side for a cj, no?

How about it? What low-mileage Jeep cj's are still running around??

Reply to
Michael Pomeroy

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III
84 cj7, 62K. I'm second owner. The person that owned it before me lived on the beach. Very little driving otherwise. so, maybe the mileage is right. The chassis is very badly rusted. The points where the rear springs mount at the front, have been bubble gum welded (terrible job). A couple mechanics do not recommend a lift kit; unless a lot of reinforcement work is done first. I was rear-ended a few years ago and took advantage of the insurance and replaced all the rusted panels from firewall back. cause like the chassis they were all rusted out. I bought it to restore anyway. and that is what I did, cept for the chassis! Besides, w/o having a lift, it keeps it looking more original.
Reply to
gifer

I bought my 82 CJ new also. It has 192,000 miles on it. 50,000 of that over the last 10 years.

Norman in AZ

Sadly I don't really live in "jeep" country, but I am definitely seeing fewer and fewer Jeep cj's around. And many of those I do notice show quite a lot of wear-and-tear.

So it got me to wondering --- I've seen the question asked about high-mileage Jeeps. What about -- documented -- low mileage ones that are still left out there?

My 82 has about 54,000. (I know that is correct mileage because I bought it new.) I assume that is on the low side for a cj, no?

How about it? What low-mileage Jeep cj's are still running around??

Reply to
Norman
1980 CJ-5. Original owner, 43,000 miles. 8 cylinder engine. Runs good, at our mountain vacation location.

--James---

Reply to
James Nipper

`79 CJ-5 bought used in 1983, 194,000 miles on the clock, about 200 of them since 1994. (It sucked a main bearing and sat in a field until 2001, then spent two and a half years in little tiny pieces all over my garage floor).

Reply to
Lee Ayrton

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

that is very low miles for the year I have a 84 with 74K original paint is a little week but a nice Jeep

IsellJeeps