LT1 Wrangler For Sale in Arizona (repost)

Bill, I've come to the conclusion that you just don't get it. Let me break it down for you, and I will type REALLLLLLLL SLOOOOOWWWW so you can understand what I said. I will try to emphasize the important words so that you can see this clearly.

"Now, I'm sure _"IF"_ someone built an unlimited jet car based on the newest jet technology, it _"MIGHT"_ be a different story"

Neither one of us knows what a jet car WOULD be capable of using whatever the most powerful jet engine is out there. I don't know what it is, and I don't really care either. I was trying to make a point that the jets used in these cars are USUALLY some older technology. I mean, for f*ck sakes, I pasted a link in a previous post that showed a TF car .3 seconds quicker than a jet car, and then did the math to show that the TF car would be about

132 feet ahead of the jet car based on a speed of 300MPH (just for ease of calculation, but I will figure it out for whatever speed and ET difference you would like), and yet because you're in such a hurry to make it look like you know everything about everything, you argued with me, even though I was agreeing with you. Me thinks that you just like to argue, and personally I have better things to do with my time than argue with someone like you. Chris

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

The wheel driven cars and thrust propelled cars will always have certain differing characteristics in terms of their acceleration curves-the wheel driven cars will tend to launch harder and if you have a 50 foot drag race,will always win. A WWII prop driven fighter will out run a F-15 in fifty feet as well, same principle. But with a high enough thrust to weight ratio the jet cars will beat the current Top Fuel and Funny Cars over 1/4 mile, as the absolute rocket record shows. Whether anyone will is another question-a current low bypass fan fighter engine is in the neighborhood of five million dollars.

Drag racing always outlawed anything that embarrassed their sponsor base-manufacturers of go-fast parts for Detroit iron. They outlawed the Allisons, they desanctioned the jets, etc.

This whole long bullshit dissertation on drag racing is itself an example of Bill's tactics. Get him cornered on any subject and he goes off on some irrelevant crap with a blast that is "not even wrong". When you rise to the bait, then, of course one of his sockpuppets starts bitching this is off topic!

And to answer Bill's last bon mot, there is not one piece in a current fuel dragster engine that is actually off a '51 Chrysler. It's all specially made and only shares the same bolt patterns and cylinder bore center spacing.

Reply to
calcerise

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Seems surprisingly low-tech.

Reply to
Dave Milne

blndspt proclaimed:

It isn't you or the vehicle... just that nobody wants to travel to Arizona till the heat wave is over...

Reply to
Lon

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Preferred Times: Saturday, 30 5:00 PM Drag Racing:NHRA qualifying 209 ESPN2 Sunday, 31 12:00 AM Drag Racing:NHRA qualifying 209 ESPN2 Sunday, 31 5:30 PM NHRA 2Day 209 ESPN2 Sunday, 31 6:00 PM Drag Racing:NHRA in Sonoma, Cal. 209 ESPN2 Sunday, 31 9:00 PM Drag Racing:NHRA Sportsman Series 209 ESPN2 God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III