Mice!

A short while back, I uncovered an abandoned mouse nest (nest?) in the engine compartment of my 2000 GCL. Was constructed in the most inaccessible location . . . . tucked back in behind a metal shroud within the furthest passenger side corner of the compartment . . . . . right up alongside what I'd expect to be the firewall. Impossible to access or even see with any degree of success.

I prodded, vaccuumed and managed to pull a good part of the nest out. But along with it came what I suspected to be material (fibre and bits of rubber/synthetic) that formed the covering of the firewall. And given the smell within the vehicle, I suspected that this tucked away location may also be one of the intake ducts for the ventilation system. So after doing what I could and trying to get deodorizing spray (Febreeze) back into that corner (that impossible to thoroughly complete), I took it into the dealership. They blasted it with air, then pressure washer . . . . . also went up inside to the fan assembly to confim nothing about or within that assembly. They reported back that unless I was prepared to spend for the better part of a day (6 -

7 hours est) to disassemble everything and have it cleaned/checked for damage, that was pretty much all they could do.

So while I await a factory service manual, any suggestions? And any idea what is behind and about that particular area? A white cotton-like stranded material made up the bulk of the nest. With black synthetic material and rubber within. No damage within the interior of the vehicle, and while still smelling, quite a bit less than the original problem.

Goddamn mice.

Reply to
Monroe

RoyJ

The material you describe almost sounds like it can from the inside of the seats, have you checked under the seats?

Jeff DeWitt