minor gloat

I usually fill the tank on my Cherokee at about 300 to 320 miles but have let it go as far as 360 miles (not willingly, but in can be hard to find a gas station open after midnight in the Asheville NC area!).

Well tonight it was still showing about a 1/4 tank of gas but I'd gone

350 miles so filled up. It took exactly 14 gallons.

350 miles... 14 gallons of gas, that's 25MPG!

Out of a 4.0 Cherokee that's phenomenal.

Jeff DeWitt

Reply to
Jeff DeWitt

You forgot to mention the part about you getting flat-towed 100 km.

Reply to
griffin

If it has an electronic odometer, it wouldn't have mattered.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Well tonight it was still showing about a 1/4 tank of gas but I'd gone

350 miles so filled up. It took exactly 14 gallons.

350 miles... 14 gallons of gas, that's 25MPG!

Out of a 4.0 Cherokee that's phenomenal.

Jeff DeWitt

That's only about TWICE the mileage that I get with mine. You sure someone didn't slip five bucks worth in while you weren't looking?

Kate

Reply to
Kate

No, no one slipped any gas in . I usually get 20 to 22 so it's not THAT outrageous and I might have done a bit more slow cruising along back roads than normal, but it's still the best I've ever gotten out of it.

Jeff DeWitt

Reply to
Jeff DeWitt

I'm lucky if I get 19 mpg on long highway trips, and I only average about 13-14 around town. :(

(95 XJ 4.0 Auto 4x4) ...

Reply to
noneofyourbusiness

"noneofyourbusiness" wrote I'm lucky if I get 19 mpg on long highway trips, and I only average about 13-14 around town. :(

(95 XJ 4.0 Auto 4x4) ...

Yea, me too. My Cobra got better mileage than my Yeep! Even hubby's F250 gets better mileage than mine does.

Kate

Reply to
Kate

Well... mine is a two door so it's lighter, it's a stick, and it's 2wd.

It might not go through the glop a 4x4 XJ will but it goes and goes and goes, I'd drive that little sucker anywhere and with 350,000 miles on it I pretty much have!

Jeff DeWitt

Reply to
Jeff DeWitt

That's insane - I get 15 on mine. 4x4 and four doors shouldn't make anywhere NEAR that much of a difference. I can't imagine what all mine needs to do any better...

Brian

I don't know, so many things can make a difference, big tires, dragging brakes, carrying around a lot of extra weight, a heavy foot (of course I'm totally innocent of that ), state of tune, leaky injectors. 15 really does sound kind of low, the worst I've ever gotten is 18.

Now then there is my truck, with the overdrive not working I was getting a solid 11 MPG, now THAT hurt!

Jeff DeWitt

Reply to
Jeff DeWitt