4Runner gas mileage

Can anyone tell me how many miles/KMs they get per tank for a 96-98

4Runner 4 and 6 cylinder. Thanks
Reply to
Marty

4WD 98 4Runner 6 cylinder = 17-20 mpg

The tank on my 96 is 18 gallons or roughly 300 miles to a tank would have been nicer to have a larger tank, but ,....

Reply to
JimmySchmittsLovesChocolateMil

Wow, my 1990 only does 300 KMs per tank or 180 miles. Maybe it's time to upgrade!

Reply to
Marty

My 96 2wd 5spd 4cyl has gotten an average of 20 MPG (recorded every gas fill since purchase, calculated on a spreadsheet- yearly averages as well as total average- these days it's about 19mpg, need new plugs and a tune-up.)

18 gallon tank means I can expect to have to start walking at around 320 miles on the trip meter if I don't fill up soon. ;) I usually fill up at around 280-300 miles just to keep from getting stranded, usually adding 14-15 gallons. I hate the $30+ price tag for gas but I'd rather drive my truck than hubby's car.
Reply to
Pookerz