more threats

here is an email i got a few minutes ago from the daimler attorney, as if i somehow control the actions of others.

------------------------------------------------- Mr Collier, I received the following e-mail. I would not have received this e-mail but for your having published contact information about me. That is a violation of the Order, as set forth in paragraph 6 of Exhibit A. As I have previously indicated, DaimlerChrysler intends to take the steps necessary to enforce all provisions of the Order.

Sincerely, XXXXX XXXXXXX

-----Original Message----- From: snipped-for-privacy@hushmail.com [mailto: snipped-for-privacy@hushmail.com] Sent: Monday, December 01, 2003 12:41 PM To: Powell, Judy Subject: 7-slot grille

Thanks for your time.

so now im expected to be accountable for what others do. we'll see what happens next.

Reply to
Nathan Collier

L.W.(ßill)

Nathan, It's a shame that there are not any good Lawyers and I mean GOOD LAWYERS in this group that would like to help you out PRO BONO and put a feather in their cap by putting this other lawyer in their place. You would think that after the GM win that there would now be a precedence set and that you could continue to do with your sight as you chose fit. It's a real shame when big business has to attack the people that put them on top just to show their power. I'm sorry this is happening to you, you had a good idea with the sticker and anybody that has done any 4 wheeling knows what you meant by them, and that they are not bad pub, for dc. I for one don't see any problem with the decal, and if dc has a problem with it then I say they should buy out your investment. What do you think they would say if you filled in the slots in the grille and sold them with a solid front face, just a suggestion. Good luck with it.

Tom Reins

Reply to
cantrellm

Nathan, Emails are not admissible* in court. Disregard it and act like you haven't received it. lawdog

  • not this type of email b/c they can't prove you actually received and opened it. If you were to reply with a threat, then they could authenticate the digital signature to your pc and you might be in a situation.

Reply to
lawdogjr

I don't think this is true... There is a HUGE market out there for SEC compliance that targets e-mails (ex. Legato's EmailXtender, KVS, etc)

Reply to
Joe

I don't think participants from this news group or any other should be sending stuff to DC and putting Nate's name in it. Natre has enought problems of his own that he doesn't need poorly thought out attacks against DC to be sent with his name in the body of the attack.

Having said that, DC is very thin-skinned to reply. If a lawyer can't take a little verbal abuse, perhaps he or she ought not be a lawyer.

A better letter to DC would have been one that said that a vehicle operator uses his new DC product in a manner that might represent a roll over danger to bystanders and passengers, then ask if there are any available stickers that can be applied to the dashboard or outside of the vehicle to warn passengers to hang on, and bystanders to stand clear.

Try copying and pasting the following to Ms. Powell,

Dear Ms. Powell, I recently acquired a Jeep vehicle that I really enjoy driving offroad in the backcountry areas near my home. I have noticed that my operation sometimes results in very steep operating angles for my vehicle. I am concerned that perhaps I am not giving adequate warning to my passengers and bystanders that the extreme angles of operation of my vehicle might result in a roll over that could be hazardous to them.

Do you have, or know where I might purchase, a warning sticker that I can affix to my dashboard and/or the outside of my vehicle that warns my passengers and bystanders of the potential dangers my vehicle may present? I am thinking that a sticker showing a vehicle with the distinctive Jeep grill work tipped to some extreme angle and covered by a red circle with a diagonal line through it would express the potential dangers that I am concerned about would do the trick.

Perhaps there should be text on the sticker as well that tells passengers to hold on to the grab handle until such time as all movement halts, and for the outside the text should read something to the effect of, "bystanders should maintain safe observation distances from this vehicle."

If you could send my any information on where I might be able to procure such a sticker(s) for my Jeep vehicle, I would appreciate it.

Thank you very much,

Reply to
CRWLR

very well said CRWLR

I also second the thought that people shouldn't be harrasing DC's lawyer.

If you feel strongly about the subject, do what I did and write them a letter and send it to DC, not the lawyer. I started a thread with a copy of my letter and hope that people will follow suit in a civilized, thought out manner.

Threatening or verbally abusing the lawyer is not gonna help Nathan. Don't make this any harder on him.

Reply to
Kevin Sperle

to the contrary, please send _nothing_ to d/c or their attorneys on my behalf. that was the point in the original message, i forgot to add it in haste.

Reply to
Nathan Collier

I forgot to add that also.

There is no benefit to Nathan to flood the email system at DC with anything related to this. My point was that if one feels like getting faced and firing off a letter, they should keep the letter clean and non-confrontational, and should not mention Nathan at all.

Reply to
CRWLR

Obviously I've been gone too long (ahh, but Germany WAS nice!). What the heck is going on??? Why are they after you AGAIN?!?

Reply to
Eric

Reply to
twaldron

Interestingly enough I did Google search and found where she was named in this forum BEFORE Nathan signed their Agreement, and from that I was able to go to her firm's website and get her contact information. And if I can do it, ANYONE can!

That she assumes she received that email as a direct result of Nathan violating the agreement is a major stretch of credibility that she cannot prove, since that information was posted before he signed the agreement.

* * * Matt Macchiarolo

Matt Macchiarolo

Find it here:

  • * * Matt Macchiarolo
Matt Macchiarolo

Hi, I'm new to the group. Could someone give me a brief synopsis on what the dc/nathan thing is all about? Thanks in advance,

Frank

Reply to
econof

How can judith send an email if she passed away in october? lloyd f**king a ghost?

Notice: this post is my constitutional right to free speech and is no way a threat of physical violence.

Reply to
noone

read the entire thread.

  • * * Matt Macchiarolo
Matt Macchiarolo

Not her. Nathan's Judith turned 50 this year, assuming she was 22 when she finished her undergrad at Emory.

  • * * Matt Macchiarolo
Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
twaldron