Mounting Warn Solenoid Pack

Yeah, I know, I haven't been around much. Just lurking in the corner. But i need some advice/ideas from you folks.

I have a Warn M8000 winch on our TJ. I want to move the solenoid pack to the inside of the engine compartment. Specifically on the right side of the engine. There's a bracket there for the AC compressor (we don't have AC), so I was thinking of fabbing a bracket/plate that would bolt to the existing bracket. Then weld on a piece of square tubing to raise the pack about level with the top of the motor. The top of the tube would have another plate welded to it, that would be used to bolt on the solenoid pack. Confused yet?

My question is......has anyone else done this or seen it done? Any concerns? I want to move the pack to prevent theft and to also have a cleaner winch install.

Mike

98 TJ SE 33x10.5 BFG MTs M8000 etc, etc,
Reply to
GzrGlide

RoyJ