Warn winch solenoid?

Hi all,

Warn HS9500i. Getting ready for Silver Lake dunes this weekend and I tested the winch...seems like the solenoid doesn't want to engage immedately, it clicks for a second or two before the motor will turn. Seems to do better with the engine at speed. If there is a load on the cable, it the solenoid tends not to want to engage fully, so the motor doesn't get enough juice. I opend the solenoid housing but there is no obvious problems, although one small connector (not the main wires) on the driver's side is rusty. I am thinking a new solenoid pack is what's needed. Never had this happen before.

While at SL I will try someone else's controller switch, to rule out the switch.

Any suggestions?

matt

--

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

You are describing rusty/dirty connections. I would clean them all up, at the battery end too and see what happens.

Starter solenoids with dirty connections act the same too.

Mike

Matt Macchiarolo wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Thanks Mike, I know the battery connections are clean, I'll clean up all the connections in the solenoid pack...

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III