Warn bumper

97 Wrangler Has anyone mounted a license plate to a front Warn rock crawler bumper? I just put the warn on and I'm without my license plate right now. I don't want johnny law pulling me over for it. Yes it is required in TX.

What ideas do y'all have for the exposed frame on the front of the Jeep after installing Warn bumper and winch? It used to be hidden by the plastic Jeep cover, but now, there is some dirty steel showing around the sides of the winch.

Also, anyone around Dallas in need of a factory aluminum bumper and aforementioned plastic cover? How about a not so hot black soft top? It has 1 unrepaired tear in it, but it works if you needed something for a beater TJ. Are TJ's old enough for there to be beaters lying around? All items real cheap.

Thanks,

Reply to
Dennis Cox

Not real familiar with your bumper but maybe this?

JimG

Do you have a roller fairlead? If so I have seen folks use a chunk of PCV pipe with 1/4 of it cut out lengthwise along the back. This clips on the roller when on the road and can be removed for winch use.

Only downside I see is air flow restriction to the rad.

Mike

Dennis Cox wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Dennis Cox

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

If you want to cheat, maglight clips are the exact size to fit roller fairleads. Just attach them to your license plate and snap it on. If you really want to cheat, get the license plate bracket from Kilby.

Reply to
jbjeep

Thanks to all for your ideas. I think I'm gonna try the maglight clip or pvc idea since I have the roller fairlead.

Reply to
Dennis Cox